For more than 30 years, Antech Diagnostics has been the hallmark of the veterinary industry. At the heart of Antech is our love for pets. Today Antech is driving the future of pet health as part of Mars Veterinary Health, a family-owned company focused on veterinary care.
Antech is comprised of a diverse team of individuals who are committed to each other’s growth and development. Our culture is centered on our guiding philosophy, The Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom.
We understand that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today, and that’s why we’re inspired to make A Better World for Pets.
The Cloud DevOps Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the cloud computing environment for Antech IT Department which includes, but not limited to, CI/CD pipelining, AWS EC2 orchestration, AWS ECS orchestration, and AWS ROUTE 53 management. This position will own the day to day cloud operation and will serve as the subject matter expert within IT department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design and implement overall architecture of cloud operation for Antech IT.
· Build and maintain CI/CD pipelining (cloud and on-prem) for the development team.
· Collaborate with the development team to design and launch new features.
· Consult with other departments such as Leadership, Marketing, Sales, Pathology, and etc. to determine business requirements and project objectives.
· Maintain existing cloud infrastructure and improve the its efficiency and efficacy.
· Work with business stake holders to improve user experience.
· Plan, coordinate, and execute project activities to ensure timely completion.
· Provide high level of customer service and partner with end-users in the resolution of problems or in deployment of new applications.
· Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends, and apply them into operations and activities.
· Performs other tasks as assigned.
· We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every associate has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards. Antech Diagnostics has several processes in place to communicate with leadership and expects that associates will have a commitment to integrity and uncompromising values.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· 2+ years related experience in DevOps engineering with progression and growth is required.
· 2+ years related experience in cloud computing with progression and growth is required.
· Experience of working in a healthcare setting is a plus.
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect is required.
· AWS Certified DevOps Engineer is a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Experience of NoSQL database such as DynamoDB and/or MongoDB.
· Experience of CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins.
· Experience of scripting using Perl and bash scripts.
· Knowledge of version control system such as Git and TFS.
· Experience with Scrum or waterfall SDLC methodology.
· Self-motivated and direct, with the ability to effectively prioritize and deliver in a high-pressure environment.
· Willing to work outside regular hours for emergency situations.
· Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to think outside the box.
· Proven ability to work effectively with end users.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Strong customer service attitude.
· Extensive sitting, phone, and computer use
· Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers
· Occasionally required to bend, kneel, stoop, or crouch
· May be required to lift, move, and carry up to 15 lbs.
· Specific vision abilities required including close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Hearing ability to effectively communicate via the telephone and in person
· Ability to communicate verbally on the telephone and in person
· Fluency in the English language
· Extended/Weekend/Holiday hours may be needed
The associate will primarily work in a typical office environment including use of cubicles, computers and overhead lighting. Temperature extremes will be minimal to nonexistent.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The associate will be required to use a computer, spreadsheets, data base management, email, and the Internet. The associate is frequently required to use a calculator; fax, copy machine, and phone system.