For more than 30 years, Antech Diagnostics has been the hallmark of the veterinary industry. At the heart of Antech is our love for pets. Today Antech is driving the future of pet health as part of Mars Veterinary Health, a family-owned company focused on veterinary care.
Antech is comprised of a diverse team of individuals who are committed to each other’s growth and development. Our culture is centered on our guiding philosophy, The Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom.
We understand that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today, and that’s why we’re inspired to make A Better World for Pets.
The Lead Information Security Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering design, analysis, and support for routers, firewalls, networks, and operating systems. The role The LISE must be able to translate the IT-risk requirements and constraints of the business into technical control requirements and specifications, as well as develop metrics for ongoing performance measurement and reporting. The ISM coordinates the IT organization's technical activities to implement and manage security infrastructure, and to provide regular status and service-level reports to management. This role will report to the Director of Infrastructure and Operations and have a dotted line to the Chief Security Office for MARs Vet Health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Develop global strategic security roadmaps for focus areas within Antech.
· Manage daily operations of information security systems.
· Develop new, and mature existing information security and risk policies.
· Develop, administer, mature and fine-tune security operational processes to ensure compliance with Antech policies and regulatory agencies.
· Manage the security oversight of information systems assets and the protection of systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
· Partner with functional areas of the organization to define an Information Security/Risk strategy to address the data protection requirements necessary to comply with Antech policies, applicable regulations and legal requirements.
· Define, initiate, and lead an on-going information security maturity assessment process, using an industry accepted framework, feeding the output into the overall information security strategy for Antech.
· Provide oversight for the identification, triage and response of events or incidents of apparent security incidents for diagnosis of possible breaches.
· Produce and review key performance indicators for implemented security measures and distribute KPIs.
· Maintain knowledge of threat landscape by monitoring threat intelligence, and other related sources.
· Leads project management, assigning projects, tasks, and milestones to information security team.
· Provides supervision to the information security staff, including coaching, mentoring and training
· Prepares estimated budgets and timelines for technical projects based on resources needed.
· Other job duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Technical expertise in network security knowledge, to include VPN, firewall, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server security and wireless security, cloud, OT, and the Internet of Things (IoT)
● Practical experience with database security, content filtering, vulnerability scanning and anti-malware
● Proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python and PowerShell)
● Understands business needs and has a commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt and efficient service to the business
● Understands organizational mission, values, and goals and consistently applies this knowledge
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
● 3+ years of related experience in data security administration
● 1-2 years of previous supervisory experience preferred.
● Experience with Security governance and policy creation
● Experience with Security risk analysis
● Experience with logging and monitoring systems
● Experience with intrusion detection and prevention systems
● Experience with Proxy filtering systems
● Experience with scanning and vulnerability management systems
● Experience with Advanced Malware Protection
● Experience with Threat Intelligence
● Experience with Incident Response methodology in investigations, and the groups behind targeted attacks and tactics, techniques, and procedures
● Incident Management – analysis, detection and handling of security events
● Certifications highly desired. (CISM, GIAC, CISSP, CEH, CCSP, Security +).
· Extensive sitting, phone, and computer use
· Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers
· Occasionally required to bend, kneel, stoop, or crouch
· May be required to lift, move, and carry up to 15 lbs.
· Specific vision abilities required including close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Hearing ability to effectively communicate via the telephone and in person
· Ability to communicate verbally on the telephone and in person
· Fluency in the English language
· Extended hours may be needed
The employee will primarily work in a typical office environment including use of cubicles, computers and overhead lighting. Temperature extremes will be minimal to nonexistent.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will be required to use a computer, spreadsheets, data base management, email, and the Internet. The employee is frequently required to use a calculator; fax, copy machine, and phone system.