For more than 30 years, Antech Diagnostics has been the hallmark of the veterinary industry. At the heart of Antech is our love for pets. Today Antech is driving the future of pet health as part of Mars Veterinary Health, a family-owned company focused on veterinary care.
Antech is comprised of a diverse team of individuals who are committed to each other’s growth and development. Our culture is centered on our guiding philosophy, The Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom.
We understand that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today, and that’s why we’re inspired to make A Better World for Pets.
The Jr. Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for all duties related to the proper distribution and delivery of mail within the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential
function. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Receive, sort and open mail by hand or machine
• Stamp date of receipt on incoming mail
• Readdresses undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect address
• Distribute mail to appropriate recipients or departments
• Pick-up and ensure delivery of outgoing mail to couriers (FedEx, Ups, etc.)or post office
• Order, maintain and secure adequate mailroom supplies
• Perform data entry activities in a variety of software systems (excel, word, FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.)
• Ensure postal machines are adequately funded
• Check postal rates and weigh outgoing mail
• Post shipping labels on packages
• Complete shipping forms
• Arrange for courier services to deliver packages
• Order, maintain and secure adequate office supplies
• Filing and/or scanning of A/P invoices
• Scanning, faxing, emailing of customer invoices
• Mass mailing for marketing or finance
• Support periodical physical inventories of lab supplies
• Assist in filing and archiving documents
• Light clerical duties, including typing of memos or letters
• Print, copy and bind finance presentations
• Special projects as assigned
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
• 1 – 2 years’ related experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel (i.e. pivots, vlookups), and
• Extensive sitting, phone, and computer use
• Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers
• Occasionally required to bend, kneel, stoop, or crouch
• May be required to lift, move, and carry up to 15 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
• Hearing ability to effectively communicate via the telephone and in person
• Ability to communicate verbally on the telephone and in person
The employee will primarily work in a typical office environment including use of cubicles,
computers and overhead lighting. Temperature extremes will be minimal to nonexistent.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will be required to use a
computer, spreadsheets, data base management, email, and the Internet. The employee is frequently
required to use a calculator; fax, copy machine, and phone system.