For more than 30 years, Antech Diagnostics has been the hallmark of the veterinary industry. At the heart of Antech is our love for pets. Today Antech is driving the future of pet health as part of Mars Veterinary Health, a family-owned company focused on veterinary care.
Antech is comprised of a diverse team of individuals who are committed to each other’s growth and development. Our culture is centered on our guiding philosophy, The Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom.
We understand that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today, and that’s why we’re inspired to make A Better World for Pets.
The PIMS Engineer is responsible for implementation of integrations with Antech OnLine web platform as well as maintenance and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Assist with implantation of new software and applications as well as maintenance and testing of current applications
· Familiarity with relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL).
· Working experience with Oracle database environments.
· Familiarity with applications development process.
· Familiarity with software development methodologies as required by associated development team.
· Identifies and helps to implements strategies and efficiencies to enhance customer experience and align with business operations.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· 3+ years related experience.
· Help Desk or Customer Support experience a plus
· Experience of working in a healthcare setting is a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· UI.API experience preferred
· Familiarity with standard project management process and procedures: waterfall &/or agile
· Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to think outside the box.
· Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
· 2-3 years of experience working in a technical services environment
· Project and time management skills
· Generate and maintain organized technical documentation
· Must be self-motivated and organized with a strong desire to learn new skills
· Ability to move between projects quickly as clients' demands and company needs evolve
· Knowledge of laboratory procedures and workflow preferred
· Extensive sitting, phone, and computer use
· Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers
· Specific vision abilities required including close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Hearing ability to effectively communicate via the telephone and in person
· Ability to communicate verbally on the telephone and in person
· Fluency in the English language
The associate will primarily work in a typical office environment including use of cubicles, computers and overhead lighting. Temperature extremes will be minimal to nonexistent.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The associate will be required to use a computer, spreadsheets, data base management, email, and the Internet. The associate is frequently required to use a calculator; fax, copy machine, and phone system.